Monday, April 28, 2008

Dandelions

Today I dug up around 50 dandelions from the front and back yards. When I look at the yard, it hardly looks like any, but once I get out there, those sneaky things are hiding all over! I raked up dead leaves leftover from fall, and spruced things up a bit.

It's about 70 degrees today, and at 10am this morning, the Micah and Ella immediately wanted to get on their swimsuits and play with the hose. They sure enjoyed themselves. Throw a popsicle in the mix, and you've got a couple of very content kids!

Here's a typical moment in the Barnett household today: Micah's across the street (of our cul-de-sac) and I'm calling him to come home. Since he and Ella are shoeless, they want to go all the way around on the sidewalk. I'm fine with that. As he's walking away, Micah shouts out to me that he'll be stopping by another neighbor kid's house on the way. I tell him that's a no and he'd better come straight back. Well, minutes pass and I'm not that dumb. I head out, and there he is, sitting on their front steps. I'm none too pleased. I march him right back. He steps on a prickly thing and screams bloody murder for the whole neighborhood to hear. And do I feel very bad about that? It's more like I'm thinking, "Serves you right. Hope you learned your lesson! "Disobedience=prickly in the foot." Okay, not exactly that, but close.

1 comment:

Blake & Maren said...

I love that disobedience = pricklies in the foot. I think that was in the bible somewhere next to not obeying the 5th commandment.