Thursday, April 24, 2008

Smelly

I don't remember the last weekday I showered and got ready before 1pm. I start the day at the gym, pick up Micah from preschool, run errands, clean house, feed kids lunch, etc. Then I realize it's 2:30, Colin will be home soon and I'd better sneak in a shower while I can! It looks like August-time Chad may be able to scale back his work schedule a bit. At that point he will, perhaps, be working only 5 days a week. It sounds like heaven to me! Keeping my fingers crossed!

The end of school is quickly coming upon us. I can't believe we're wrapping up this year! Colin finishing 1st grade! We're going to pass on baseball this summer. Colin wasn't too into it (and I don't mind). The 3 older kids will take swim lessons for a couple of weeks. I think it would be awesome to have Colin try some tennis lessons. See how he takes to that. Chad loves tennis, and it would be a neat sport for them to participate in together. A little more of an even playing field as compared to soccer or basketball. And I was playing with the idea of enrolling the boys in a martial arts class. Micah, our darling, was kicked out of tumbling class several months ago. Funny story now, but I felt horrible at the time. Anyway, I think it would be great for both of them to learn some self-defense and learn discipline martial-arts style!

2 comments:

Blake & Maren said...

Uncle Blake would love it if Colin learned tennis as well. I don't know about you, but I am terrible at it. Another sport Colin may want to try is golf. I know we are going to try and start Braden early. I guess it also depends on the expenses of it.

alan barnett said...

Wow, what a busy woman you are! I
remember those days. You never did
tell me about Micah getting kicked
out in gymnastics. I think you are going to have your hands full
with him he reminds me of Blake with a few power struggles we had.
Just love them they grow up fast.