Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Staying Put

Firstly, we're not moving for another year. However, we wanted to see where we stand with our house in the market right now. Yesterday a realtor came by to do a walk-through and give us an idea of what we need to do to get it ready this next year. The news was better than I anticipated, actually. Touch up painting, of course. Some parts of the walls look like they've been through a war. That's what you get for having kids, right? The biggest projects are sanding and staining the deck, fence, and clubhouse.

I started sanding a couple of days ago, but the sander died on me. Dad Barnett brought by a different one for us. I had the fire in me to hit it hard today. But I got literally 2 minutes into it and it starts to rain. I turn to go in, and there's Mira Catherine, crying her eyes out because she is terrified of Mom. I'm wearing protective goggles, earmuffs, and have got red sawdust all over me. I'm sure I was a sight.

1 comment:

Blake & Maren said...

Poor Mira. Today Braden was talking and blurted out a loud noise. The noise he made scared him. He started to cry. It took me like 5 minutes to calm him down. It's funny to see what things scare the little ones.