Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Accident


Everything's okay. Friday evening, on his way home from work, Chad was in a car accident. You know that phone call where intuition tells you where this is going? I was calm; the whole time driving to meet him at the crash site I was thinking how this could be so much worse. One of the EMTs told us he was (you-know-what) lucky to be alive. He was wearing his seatbelt. He was beaten up pretty good. He's very sore, but once the lortab kicks in, he's able to get around semi-comfortably. He had shards of glass in his left hand, bruises on legs, from the seatbelt, he's got some roadrash on his arms. The worst of it is his bad ankle. He broke it in high school and it's never healed right. This accident messed it up more. We'll probably have to get him to physical therapy. But, really, no broken bones, no concussion or anything. He must be living right!
Other than that, the biggest hassle is finding a replacement vehicle. I spent Saturday going around with my parents looking at Toyotas and Hondas in our price range. That experience was kind of a downer. Well, today we went out and found a winner! A Honda Accord. It looks nice, drives really well, and our mechanic checked it over and gave it his thumbs up. So we're thrilled with that.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm sure glad Chad is ok! He looks pretty banged up! Things like that are so scary - get well soon, Chad!

Amber said...

I am so glad that Chad is ok! Get better soon! If you need me to watch the kids, even if its for an hour or so...let me know. Or I can just take the boys. Whatever you want. I look forward to seeing you all on Friday! I assume everything is still on schedule.

Blake & Maren said...

I know finding the car is the hardest part. I am glad to hear you found one. Call me when you get a minute, I would love to talk.

Alexis Pierson said...

Wow! I hope Chad is ok. That must have been scary. I love reading about your life and family. Tell everyone I say hello.

alan barnett said...

The car was scary to see I'm so glad the injuries weren't as bad as
the car looked.. I'm glad you got a
car call me to let me know about
Friday and about the new car..