Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Father's Day prep

Alright, I'm going to have to be discreet about this--who knows if Chad, my dad, or Dad Barnett read this thing. But whenever this or a birthday comes around, my brain cramps up. I think I have ideas throughout the year as to what to get so-and-so, but when the event comes up, I can't think of a useful thing that person would really enjoy. On top of that, I'm going around shopping with the kids in tow. Here's what we look like:

Ella's whining (and I mean whining) because her foot hurts, Micah's giggling and picking things off the shelves making menervous. Colin's complaining that "It's not fair!" because he's too big for me to push around in the cart along with Mira Catherine and Ella. Mira's ready for a nap, and turning around in her seat, grabbing handfuls of Ella's hair and ripping them out. At any one time in the store, you'll hear Ella screaming in pain, Mira crying (her leg or arm got stuck in some metal bar of the cart), me calling for a 'lost' Micah (who is happily wandering through the aisles). But, then, Colin pretty much keeps it down because it would be embarrassing to make too much of a scene with all those people around.

And then someone has the nerve to tell me 'Just wait until they're teenagers! You think this is hard?' That's something I really don't need to hear. And I certainly don't want to think about it!

1 comment:

Blake & Maren said...

Let me get this straight. You are meaning to tell me that Braden will not always be his mellow, perfect self? I refuse to believe it. JK!

What are you getting Alan? I will have to call you. I also want to honestly hear your thoughts on Priesthood Leadership in the Home.