Friday, July 25, 2008

Little Entrepreneurs

Since yesterday was Pioneer Day, we did more soda/water selling at the parade. Chad had gone with Micah and Colin to purchase the drinks and ice, and to pick up my parents' wagon. I took them out early Thursday and we got to the parade well before it began. We started selling- a little slowly, I worried. But by the time the parade was under way we were doing rather well. In under 2 hours we sold 90 bottled waters and 48 sodas. It was boiling hot out there on the asphalt with no shade! There were quite a few others with the same idea selling drinks, toys, Popsicles. But we still did well. We could've sold more. We just wouldn't have had anywhere to keep the extras cold. I have a feeling this will be an annual money-making tradition of ours. What a simple way for kids to earn some extra cash.

Chad and I finished painting the clubhouse, deck, and a portion of the fence yesterday. Feels so good to have that done! What an improvement over the peeling red paint some cuckoo put on there in the first place. Now we're looking at our to-do list again. It seems endless! Replacing blinds, painting, fixing closet doors, replacing sprinklers, etc. I think the most daunting part of the task is the thought of it. Next is preparation. I actually don't mind at all doing these projects. And it's awesome to see the fruits of your labors. (I'll bet Blake and Maren can relate!)

The kids are running around outside with the water on. Just loving it. Being total kids without a care in the world. Remember those days when you would run around your front yard in just your swimsuit, doing cartwheels or whatever, without a second thought. I wonder what people would think about a 30-something doing it? Ha!

1 comment:

Blake and Maren said...

I would love to see pictures of the work you have done on your yard. We should have the boys come out for the Lentil Festival and make us some money.