Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Feeding

video

Here we are giving Bowey his first meal. The trick to not being bit is to 1) don't smell like food (wash your hands before handling!), and 2) place snake in different container for feeding. In the first video, I think he was unsure of the tongs. But, as you can see below, once the pinkie mouse was left alone, he went for it! The kids were captivated. It was pretty neat.

video

P.S. For those of you who want to post a comment, you can now! I disabled the restrictions on who can post comments. So, come on, Aunt Shelley!!

4 comments:

Blake and Maren said...

Is it a real mouse or a food specifically for the snakes? How fun.

Nicole Barnett said...

It's a real mouse--albeit frozen. We thaw it out and feed it to him (or her?).

Brandon and Shelley said...

I don't know if I could handle a snake in the house. I think I'd rather have a dog. It looks fun for your kids.
Shelley

Mike & Alicia Miller said...

NUMMY NUMMY said the snake to the dead mouse.