Friday, September 26, 2008

Procrastination

All around me I'm seeing signs of autumn. It's gorgeous. My neighbors are beginning to put out their pumpkins, fall wreaths, and other sundry fall decor. I really don't have a lot in the way of decorations (and I like it that way!), but the few things I do have for fall are easily accessible. The problem is getting myself to put them out. Alright, I'm finding talking about this healing, actually. I'm still a good person if I choose not to decorate. But now I'm feeling a little more motivated. I think I'll go get my leafy wreath and put it out on my front door. And I'll grab that handful of silk leaves and put them in a vase over my entertainment center. And, voila! Autumn decorating complete!

Oh, except that we need to take the kids to the nursery in Layton. They have a humongous pumpkin patch. You can take a hay ride and each child can pick his own pumpkin. Free of charge! And then (last year, anyway) you get a gift certificate for a free child's meal at Mimi's Cafe. That was fun. We'll have to do it again this year.

Other than carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating, does anyone have any neat fall/Halloween traditions they do? I'm interested in hearing them.

2 comments:

Blake and Maren said...

It took me no more than 5 minutes to put up all my Halloween stuff. Just like you, I like minimal decorations, but I do like them. (Christmas is a different story though.) We don't have any Halloween traditions yet. It is fun to finally have a family and a kid. We are going to Portland next week to take Braden to his first pumpkin patch.

shelley evans said...

Nicole, you made me LOL. Yes, you are still a good person even if you don't decorate for fall!!