Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Sweetest Sounds

One of my favorite things to hear is the kids giggling in the other room with Chad. I was getting ready this morning and heard this going on. When Chad came back in I told him that it's the best sound to hear the kids laughing and being good-natured, especially when he's with them. Of course, I love to hear them laugh when I'm in the same room. But there's something unique about being distanced from it and appreciating it. I don't know what exactly tickled their funny bones, but it just fills me with joy.

Chad is such a jokester. And he doesn't always give up easily. It can be something goofy (well, it usually is, actually!). I'll give you an example. I'm in the bathroom, applying makeup. He comes in to brush his teeth and opens all our medicine door mirrors (one of which I'm using) repeatedly--unnecessarily. Then he comes back from brushing his teeth--repeat scenario.

For the interest of women only:
I'm trying to learn some different hairstyles. There are some really cool training videos on youtube. That's where I really learned the basic french braid. The Ford modeling company has some hairstylists that put out some quality videos on different techniques. My biggest problem is that my hair loves being straight! And I like my straight hair, but sometimes I want some variety, you know? You just get sick of seeing the same thing day in and day out. I need some change to spice it up. So I've tried hot rollers (those seem the best option so far for holding a curl), curling irons, and flat rollers. I use a good hair spray. But no matter what, after a few hours, my hair's got some good body, but virtually no curl left. I guess what I'm looking for is advice. Any tips you know of for getting hair to keep it's curl?

2 comments:

Blake and Maren said...

it is the best feeling to know your kids are happy with your husband. it is a nice break for us and also great for the kids.

I can't wait to youtube french braiding tips.

Brandon and Shelley said...

I've always wanted to learn to french braid. So thanks for the info. But I'm in the same boat as you with having straight and not having much body. Why do some people look so good with straight smooth hair? They must have thicker hair then me to make it look really good.
Shelley