Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Still Autumn


We got almost a foot of snow Sunday. After church we got home and Micah and Ella begged me to go out with them and build a snowman. Finally I agreed and it was actually a lot of fun. Perhaps because it's been months since it last snowed. I have a feeling if this were February, I'd be burned out of building snowmen. Thankfully, this snowfall was related to the cold front that came and went. We're back to near 70 degree weather. The snow is melting quickly. So it's beautiful again today. I don't mind the snow like this. Enough to have some fun in, then it melts. We'll see what this winter brings. Hopefully it's a different story compared to last year's winter.

3 comments:

Maren said...

Did you have to get out all the winter clothes? I think a random snowday in October is horrifying. I hope Halloween is much warmer.

alan barnett said...

wow!! what a great snowman . I bet you had fun building it....

Doug said...

Nice snowman! I still can't add your blog to the list of blogs I want to follow; I'll just look through the address bar for now. Love all the pictures; it's great to see the kids!

Love ya,
Rachel & fam