To take the kids or not?
Pros to taking the kids:
- they see their cousins, aunt, and uncle
- they experience Germany! food, travel, language
- I don't cry everyday because of missing them and feeling guilty
- I don't have to worry about a babysitter, their care back in the US, emergency situations, etc.
Cons to taking them:
- likely stressful overseas flights!
- adjusting to the time difference with 4 kids
- less travel/sightseeing
- more $$$
I know I really shouldn't even be thinking about this right now. But I am. I like to have a plan. I know when we go we'd want to go for about 2 weeks. I cannot imagine leaving the kids for that long with anyone! I have a friend who goes 2-3 times a year to South America or Europe. She's done it with and without her 3 kids. She highly recommends doing it once just Chad and me. It all sounds swell until I think about being 2 weeks away. That's a really long time. I definitely think Chad and I would enjoy this trip if we could freeze-frame America while we go over and have fun. Then come back and, "Zwip!" everything unfreezes and back to normal life, no one the wiser of our absence.
I need to give this more thought... Have any of you taken trips away from your kids for more than a couple of days? How did you feel about it?