Wednesday, November 5, 2008

'I Voted'

I wonder if anyone twenty years ago would've guessed that we'd have a black president by the name of Barrack Obama. Yesterday, history was made. Pretty amazing, no matter which way you voted. The people spoke, and the choice is obvious. I was listening to talk radio yesterday, and the host made a good point we should keep in mind. No matter who wins, we need to square our shoulders and be ready to back this man as our next President of the greatest nation in the world.

I can't say I was surprised Senator Obama won. And it was no surpise which way Utah was going. (And not that Utah has a lot of sway in the election!) I hadn't felt enthusiastic about either candidate, but when I went to vote, I caught the excitement of the process. It is amazing. Chad says that in Chile (where he served an LDS mission), voting is mandatory. You either vote or you pay the government a hefty fine. I am thankful for the opportunity to have my voice be heard, regardless of who wins.

It will be interesting (?) to see where our country is in 4 years...

No comments: