Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Happenings

This is the 3rd Santa the kids have visited this month. Aunt Amber invited the kids to come to her work Christmas party. They had Santa, food, and gift wrapping for the local Sub-for-Santa. Mira Catherine cried the first time for Santa on this particular visit. But the candy cane rather impressed her. On Colin's wish list are a guitar and camping gear. Micah has a box at home for Santa filled with toys of his and a couple of dollars for 'poor people'. And Santa had to pry out of Ella what she wanted...'dolls'.
Tonight was Colin's piano recital. Chad asked if he was nervous to perform, and Colin only said, "No! I'm excited to do it!" He did very well. There was another boy (about 13 years old) who performed FOUR times--acousitc guitar, electric guitar, drums, and piano. I think Colin has a new hero. He loooved the guitar and especially the drums!! He really wants to do guitar, but we tell him we'd like him to focus on piano for a while more before trying something new.
Here is the video I took at the recital. Isn't he wonderful?

6 comments:

Maren said...

Colin, I am so impressed. I wish I could play that well. I took lesson when I was younger, but didn't practise as hard as I should have. You are amazing!

alan barnett said...

That was really great Colin. You are really getting to play well. Grandma and Grandpa are proud of you....Keep up the good work!

alan barnett said...

That was really great Colin. You are really getting to play well. Grandma and Grandpa are proud of you....Keep up the good work!

Doug and Rachel said...

Awesome job Colin! I must say, I wish I could learn that quickly - it's true about kids learning things so easily when they're younger. Cool! Love you guys!

Jennettehogan said...

That was great! I think it is so neat to hear beautiful music being played by children. I sure wish that I could play like that!

Amber said...

That was fantastic Colin! I can't believe how well you can play. I'm really proud of you. Maybe we can work on a duet together. Great job!