Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tagged!

1.How long have you been together? Married 9 years this month.

2.How long did we date? Almost 5 whopping months.

3. How old is he? 32

4. Who eats more? I'd say, being home with kids, I probably win this one.

5. Who said, "I love you," first? He did. Those words did not come easily for me. (And not because he wasn't worthy of them!)

6. Who is taller? Chad by 5 inches.

7. Who does the laundry? Ha! That would be me.

8. Who does the dishes? Generally I do, but he'll get up from the table and start loading dishes when he's able to. (But I try to shoo him away to play with the kids so I can have some peace and quiet with the dishes.)

9. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Looking at the bed, he does.

10. Who pays the bills? Everything's automatic bill pay, but the random bill Chad probably takes care of.

11. Who mows the lawn? I like to surprise Chad with a mowed lawn after working all day. He definitely does his share too, though.

12. Who cooks dinner? I do.

13. Who is more stubborn? The first answer that comes to mind is 'I'! When it comes to money-matters and playing board games or sports, however, Chad takes the cake!

14. Who kissed whom first? I've never been the first to kiss anyone, so it has to have been Chad.

15. Who asked whom out? What was our first date...? I can guarantee it was Chad who asked me out.

16. Who proposed? He did. And please don't ask him to recount the events of that night. He thinks they're hilarious because I was such a dork, but it's really humiliating.

17. Who is more sensitive? I am

18. Who has more siblings? It's a tie (2 siblings each).

19. What were you doing ten years ago? 1998...I had recently come home from my mission, had zero friends, was completely lonely and pathetic. Going to school at good 'ol Weber State.

20. Five things on my to-do list: Make dinner, call an old friend, read with my kids, go to Colin's basketball game, and take a shower (it's only 3pm after all!).

21. Things I would do if suddenly made a billionaire: Buy a big house with housekeepers, a pool, and totally fun backyard; ...if I'm a billionaire I have enough to share so I'd find a good way to do it after making sure my kids had enough for college, investments, etc.
22. Three of my bad habits: Ugh. Do I have to share these? Cracking my knuckles, being judgmental of others, and putting off spending time with my kids.

23. Five places I have lived: California, Germany, Idaho, Utah, Ireland/Northern Ireland.

24. Five jobs I have had: Newspaper deliverer, lifeguard, water safety instructor, sign-language interpreter, worker at group home for young adults with severe autism.

25. Things people don't know about me: 1. There were times on my mission I wished a bus would hit me and injure me enough to have me sent home honorably, but with no permanent damage; 2. I try to go out of my comfort zone regularly to talk publicly or to someone new so that it becomes more natural; 3. I'm a little OCD: If I tap my foot, I like to even it out, etc.; when I drive, I pick up my foot when I go over lines on the road, bumps in driveways, etc.

So I tag: Rachael Niusulu, Jennette Hogan, and Amber Barnett (#19 an on).

3 comments:

Maren said...

This was fun to get to know your quarky side. I am so glad you are my sister-in-law. I am with you on #22. We should work on them together, however, I would add biting my nails (for me).

Jennettehogan said...

I loved reading this! It's so fun to read this kind of stuff. You will have to tell me about the proposal though....I am curious!

Doug and Rachel said...

Nicole, when you got home from your mission, and I think Doug and I had just graduated high school, I remember going to Jackson Hole with the single young adults and you were there too. It was fun to 'tent' with you and raft the river. I remember thinking "wow, it was nice of her to be my friend and get to know me when I'm so much younger!" It was a good experience for me because you were there! Doug didn't go because he was working for Rex I think.