Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

video

Tonight my parents came over to celebrate Mom's 60th. I think it's hard for her to believe that number belongs to her, now. I have a hard time believing it, as well. In my mind, she will be perpetually 30-something. You know, the age when she was actively raising young children. I can see how time passes so quickly, and it won't be long before I'm there, really. She is a beautiful woman. Inside and out.

I'm sure a lot of women do this, but I find myself comparing my mothering skills to hers. I remember thinking, as a kid, that I wouldn't raise my voice or be demanding. Well, here I am now, realizing the amazing patience she had! I sure didn't appreciate it then. She put up with a lot of back-talking, attitude, rebellion, and resistance. But she made it through valiantly! I only hope I can do the same.

3 comments:

shelley evans said...

She looks great. She loves that jean jacket, doesn't she? We were together when she bought it. I think it's her favorite piece of clothing, ever. I sure can't see her at 60 either. I love Micha weilding the sword!

Maren said...

I am so glad you guys had a nice time. I cant believe your mom is 60. She definitely doesn't look like it. The cake looks yummy.

buildingburkmemories said...

I'm sure you are doing the best that any mother can do on raising her children to the best that she can, so good job, and wow your mom is 60 huh, crazy, my mom is 45 years old so she is still young, and well, sometimes acts very young as well, but jesse's mom is 60 and she is still very young at heart as well, so we have lots to look forward to that is for sure.