Friday, January 23, 2009

Terrible Two's Not So Bad

I would definitely say Mira has reached the stage declared as the 'terrible two's'. Mira Catherine is constantly trying to assert her independence. She's had the word 'no' down for many, many months. But now I can't tell you how many times a day she uses it! She wants to climb up to her car seat herself, put on her own tights, go potty, get her own drink, etc. I just have to keep asking myself, "Am I in that much of a hurry?". I usually have the time to allow her to do whatever it is she wants to do (within reason). The times I am in a hurry, she is quick to express her displeasure.

But this chubby cherub is just so cute and funny I can't help but be softened to her temper tantrums. She loves wearing dresses (refuses pants every day!), singing (especially to princess music or High School Musical), and twirling to show off her dress. She is a fun companion. I really enjoy the times we have a few minutes to run an errand all by ourselves. She's cuddly and full of things to talk about. Just adorable.

4 comments:

Maren said...

We sure love little Mira Catherine. I am sure her and her cousin Braden would get along great.

Babelicious said...

Nicole, I can completely sympathize with you. My little guy is in the "terrible twos." Everything is "NO" and "Boo Boo do it." Sometimes it makes me crazy, but then he does the dang cutest things too!! Anyway, I know exactly where you're coming from!!

Babelicious said...

Nicole, I can completely sympathize with you. My little guy is in the "terrible twos." Everything is "NO" and "Boo Boo do it." Sometimes it makes me crazy, but then he does the dang cutest things too!! Anyway, I know exactly where you're coming from!!

Jennettehogan said...

If Mira is going Potty on the toilet I am totally Jealous. Ben says that he wants to go but NOTHING!! Maybe Mira could have a little "Chat" with Ben?? He does enjoy, however, taking off his diaper when it is wet and/or poopy. I totally hear you on the little "independence" thing though. Ben will flash his devious smile though and we can't help but laugh! DRAT!