Friday, January 2, 2009

A Visit


I had a visit from my friend, Emily, and her daughter, Bailey the other day. Emily (then Davis--now Hincks) and I served together in Bangor, Northern Ireland my last...was it 4 months, Emily? She was a fantastic companion. Always up for a challenge, a smile ready, and just fun to be with. Her husband, Mike, also served in the IDM. (He graduated from Weber High the same year as Chad. But they didn't know each other well. It was a big high school.) They'd been living in California for several years. Mike just got a job in Salt Lake at the Church Office Building as Network Engineer. They're building a house in Riverton. Guess what's right next door to Riverton? South Jordan! Hooray, I've got a friend already! They'll be in South Ogden (like a mile away) for the next few months. Emily mentioned she's interested in training for a sprint triathlon. I'm stoked! Another bonus of being near Emily is her daughter is the Ella's age. Playmates!

3 comments:

Maren said...

I am jealous that you have a close friend close by. Also a sprint triathalon buddy. I am sure that will help so much. Playmates are always great too. I can't wait until Braden is old enough to care about friends.

Also, Grandpa Forsberg has moved to the top of the list. The root beer float does win every time. However, my mom introduced him to sugar free jello and water from a straw, so she is on the climb too.

buildingburkmemories said...

I commented on the event below, so you can read there. take care by

Hillary said...

Fun to see Emily, I don't think I have seen her for years. Tell her hi for me.