Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Little Stinker

Last week Micah's little friend, Emily, offered to buy Micah something for breakfast at school. I know what you're thinking, "Breakfast at school?". Well, apparently, the schools offer it now probably due to parents working and no breakfast at home. I don't know. Here's the thing, if others want to have breakfast at school, fine by me. But we eat at home. We all get up nice and early to do that and scripture study. Since the beginning of school, Micah's asked numerous times why he can't eat at school. "But Mom! They have pop-tarts and all sorts of really yummy food. You never make that for us at home!"

I just got a call from the school secretary. Of course, the first thing I'm thinking is that I forgot something or someone's sick. No. It looks like Micah's been having breakfast at school. And he owes them $2. I said, "Are you kidding me? He eats breakfast at home. That stinker! I'll send the money tomorrow." I got off the phone just laughing. Micah thinks he can just go into the lunch room, help himself, and no one will be the wiser. He already did it once with Emily and didn't have to pay. Oh, Mom won't know if he does it again. Too funny. But we'll have a talk this evening.

6 comments:

Jennettehogan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennettehogan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennettehogan said...

apparently there is some great thing about breakfast at school. Don't know what it is. Katie has has tried to pull the "I don't think that I am going to have time to eat breakfast at home so I will need to eat breakfast at school" trick more than once this year. It doesnt work though. If she is goofing off in the morning and doesnt have time to eat breakfast before we leave - she is eating in the car on the way to school!

shelley evans said...

lol

buildingburkmemories said...

That is so funny......You got to love your kids when they do that, Mercedi did that with milk at school and her cold lunch, and I ended up paying the school 2 dollars for all the milk she was drinking there, so I had to explain to her that you had to buy the milk, if you had cold lunch and when you have hot lunch I already paid for it, so now she just takes juice from home and then milk on her hot lunch day. So way to go Micah!!!!

Maren and Blake said...

Classic Micah. He is one smart boy. I bet in his mind it was the food for the taking. I sure love that boy. He has some pretty great stories for later on in life, let's say when we sit down with his finace. Save it for that moment, and I would like to be there.