Saturday, February 21, 2009

Micah Turns Six

Micah shows his excitement as he returns from his birthday date with Grandma and Grandpa Miller. Burger King and a toy-shopping trip to Target were right up his alley.

And showing off the goods he got from Grandma and Grandpa Barnett. They went to Wendy's and he got to pick these out. Aunt Amber even came!
Since Ella's recent birthday cake fiasco, Micah thinks you can put just about anything on the top of a cake. These toys have been sitting on the top of my microwave for weeks now, in preparation for being the cake toppers. The frosting was supposed to be red. I should've known, no matter how much red dye you put in the frosting, it will never actually turn red. Just a hotter pink. Micah told me to add some blue. I did, and a muted purple is what we got. He was fine with it, thank goodness!
Ian, Mira, Emily, Ella, Colin, Adrienne, and Micah having hot dogs and homemade french fries. When we were cleaning up all the plates, Chad commented, "Hm. They enjoyed a little french fries with their root beer." True. That was what they ate the most of.
Chad and I belayed for the kids. Colin was quite the climber. Micah enjoyed climbing partway, then swining the rest of the way down. Ella even asked to join in the climbing. It was more difficult for her, but she gave it the ol' college try!
The kids found a spot in the shade and were being silly.
There goes Colin!And Micah.

The whole group outside the IRock.

video video

3 comments:

Jennettehogan said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I know that Adrienne came home all excited about the party. Within 2 minutes of coming home she told me how she thought Micah's cake was "so cool!" I guess it was a hit!

Maren and Blake said...

It looks like you had so much fun. The rock climbing looks like something I would of loved to participate in. We sure love Micah and are glad he had a great birthday. Even with a purple/pink cake.

buildingburkmemories said...

Well this party looks like a blast, and fun, way to go on the cake as well, I'm sure he just loved it!!!!and I so no how that red doesn't become red, just like pink, it's weird, any how it looks like a beautiful day there as well, all nice and sun shining, got to love that., I'm glad that he had a wonderful b-day