Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Spring Teaser

Today we were out full-force! After breakfast, the kids dug into their chores, with Chad and I assisting. I find more and more that Chad and I just seem to divide and conquer-him with the boys, me with the girls. That's true with bath time, bedtime, cleaning, etc. It works. Besides, the girls are definitely in the 'mommy's girl' stage. They won't be satisfied with anyone else. Chad tries not to be offended, and it's a double-edged sword for me. I'm thankful they need me so desperately right now...and it can be tiring.

We worked all day long--inside and out. I came in and realized I got a teeny bit of a sunburn. I'm out of the habit of being sure to wear moisturizer with sunscreen. Dad Barnett came over, brought some supplies, and helped us out with several things we're needing to do in preparing for selling the house. We so appreciate his help. Chad took some of our clutter from the garage to my parents' garage. I'm sure they'll be thrilled when we finally take bake all the junk we've got stored over there. Hopefully sooner than later!

The kids played outside all day with a couple of neighbor friends. Spy games, trampoline games, ball, etc. They were just loving the sunshine. The snow is melting and I couldn't be more thrilled. I know we'll get a few more snowstorms, but this peek at spring is just delightful.

5 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

It's sounds like such a productive day. Although you are tired come bedtime, I always feel so accomplished. I am sure your house is coming along (getting ready to sell, decluttering, etc). If you are trying to get rid of anything Braden might like, let me know.

Doug and Rachel said...

Wow, we've missed a lot! I think we've been busy van hunting and we have to do it all on the computer, we don't think to see how ya'll're doin'. Sounds like Micah's birthday was great - and the parenting class is wonderful! Apply, apply, apply . . .thanks for sharing all the tips and advice. Have you decided if you're going to look for a home around where you are, or go south? It's always a two sided happy/sad thing when you fix up your house to sell and it looks better than it ever did when you were in it! Good luck with all the work! Hey, we learned there is a bit of hope with tikets out here; throught the base Doug found one round trip for a month stay in June for $794, so it's not awful, but still . . . Love you guys and it was good to see the pictures of the kids, it's amazing to me how much they change even in just a few months! Be sure to take lots of pics of Colin's baptism - sorry we can't be there!

Doug and Rachel said...

Wow, we've missed a lot! I think we've been busy van hunting and we have to do it all on the computer, we don't think to see how ya'll're doin'. Sounds like Micah's birthday was great - and the parenting class is wonderful! Apply, apply, apply . . .thanks for sharing all the tips and advice. Have you decided if you're going to look for a home around where you are, or go south? It's always a two sided happy/sad thing when you fix up your house to sell and it looks better than it ever did when you were in it! Good luck with all the work! Hey, we learned there is a bit of hope with tikets out here; throught the base Doug found one round trip for a month stay in June for $794, so it's not awful, but still . . . Love you guys and it was good to see the pictures of the kids, it's amazing to me how much they change even in just a few months! Be sure to take lots of pics of Colin's baptism - sorry we can't be there!

Jennettehogan said...

Wasnt Saturday Beautiful?? I am so thankful that we are not getting pounded with snow like the East coast is right now!
Getting ready to sell a house is not fun! We are going to be putting our "old" house on the market at the end of this month so we are going to start getting ready for that.

Chris Miller said...

Wait a minute...it's SNOWING there? It hit the 60's here this week and I broke out the extra comforters and electric blanket! :) Chris has been looking at prices for plane tickets so we can come for Spring Break (assuming my surgery goes off without a hitch), but I hadn't pictured snow. How fun!