Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tired to the Bone!

I haven't had a day this busy in a long time. Here's how it went:

6:40 rise and shine, baby
9:00 gym
10:00 errands to 4 different places...with the girls, in the slushy snow. In and out of the car again and again.
11:30 pick up Micah and friend from Kindergarten. Attempt to make it into my driveway--no such luck
12:00 turn on a video for the kids while I go shovel a foot of snow and dig out my car. Why did I go to the gym?
1:00-3:00 Bake chocolate chip bars (for Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet), laundry, dishes, etc.
3:00-4:00 Again shovel another ton of snow.
4:30 Snatch Mira from her slumber, take the 4 kids, a pot of chili, choc chip bars, 30 baked potatoes, and other sundry items down to the church. Set up and decorate for the banquet.
6:00 Attend banquet and rush around like a chicken with its' head cut off while allowing my kids to attend to themselves (Chad's the Cubmaster). Mira Catherine covers herself in chili. Lovely.
8:00 Basically throw the kids in bed and crash on the couch.

But we made it! Chad did a great job conducting the ceremony. The boys had a lot of fun. There was plenty of food. And tomorrow's another day. Just hopefully one without any snow.

6 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

What a busy day. Sorry I wasn't there to help. I hate snow. And this is one of the reasons why. Think about how much time would have been saved if you didn't have to shovel snow.

shelley evans said...

Mira loves to cover herself doesn't she? Believe it or not, one day you will wish for these days again...

Chris Miller said...

Wow! Every once in a while I think I'm busy. If you want to escape the snow, there's always a spot here in Texas. 70 degrees, humid as all get-out, but very sunny!

Jennettehogan said...

oh my gosh - what a crazy day and to top it off - you had to do carpool too! I am so sorry!

Jennettehogan said...

oh my gosh - what a crazy day and to top it off - you had to do carpool too! I am so sorry!

Hillary said...

I got tired just reading that day! You are SuperMom!:)