Monday, March 2, 2009

Meat Balls

I know this is, like, the third meatball recipe I've posted. I guess we like meatballs! This is one I got out of a church cookbook and it's great.

3 lb hamburger (raw)
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 c oatmeal
1 c saltine cracker crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp chili powder

Mix the ingredients and shape into balls. Excellent for freezing and cooking later. Pour sauce over Meat Balls and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the meatballs).

Sauce for Meat Balls:
2 c catsup
1 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 c chopped onion (if desired)

2 comments:

Doug and Rachel said...

That actually sounds really close to a meat-loaf-like recipe I have; do you have a scanner? I just figured out how to use mine; if you open the file where you store your pics, there should be a menu to do list close to it and when I open mine, if I have the scanner turned on, an option comes up that says 'scan pictures from scanner or camera' and then I can scan pictures and decide which file I want it in. If that helps. Otherwise, just do it from the existing photos on your computer. Love ya!

buildingburkmemories said...

Meat balls huh, I tried making some really good ones for my family and they all turned there nose up on them and didn't want to eat them, I ate them right up I loved them, so no meatballs for this family, they are just to picky, But one day that will change and they will become good eaters. I hope!!!!!! That's counting my husband too