Monday, March 23, 2009

Recreation

Chad went with the boys, his sister and mom to a Real Salt Lake soccer game at Rio Tinto Saturday. They had a great time. The boys were thrilled with Grandma having bought them each a soda and ice cream. Doesn't get much better than that! Here are Mom Barnett, Micah, Colin, and Chad:
Isn't this sweet?
Aunt Amber enjoying every moment, being the sports fan she is!
Chad picked out an arrangement of Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter to learn. Colin has spent time recently trying to learn it. He enjoys the progress he sees.
Here he is performing...nevermind that I'm supposed to be the page-turner and hold the camera at the same time. Colin was glad it was me screwing it up.

I don't always notice if I've been neglecting someone on the blog. Thanks for pointing out the need for more on Colin, Maren. I think a lot of the pictures I take are when he's still in school.


6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hey Nic!
Finally joined the "real world" today (post-surgery) and got caught up with your blog. =) I'm tempted to get Christian into piano lessons now! So cute!

Christian loved belly-painting too at that age. I finally bought some giant butcher paper and just gave in and let him drag the paints outside. I remember wishing that someone had warned me in advance that "washable" is a loose, relative term when it comes to paint. Nothing like sending your child to day school with colored splotches where the paint has stained him!

Amber said...

The soccer game was a lot of fun. I'm glad that the boys could go. We will have to plan another game sometime over the long summer. Colin is sure getting good at piano. I am very proud of him.

Jennettehogan said...

Cute picture of Micah and Grandma!

alan barnett said...

Way to go Colin you are really getting to be a good piano player. I'm proud of you Micah for learning to tie your shoes and Myra Catherine what beautful picures you are making . I hope Micah you are feeling better. Ella, what have you been up to? Love you all Grandma.....

Maren and Blake said...

I sure love Colin. I can't believe how good he is at the piano. I am going to start up lessons again, I hope I can be as good as him. Are you sure you can't come up for Easter?

Nicole Barnett said...

I'd so love to come up, but the only days Chad has off are Sat and Sun. There's no way I'm leaving him over Easter weekend, of course. So, sadly, we won't be able to make it--THIS time. ;o)