Monday, March 16, 2009

Potty Training Day 1




It seems like it's been harder for me to get online and spend time on my blog. Not that it's a bad thing. But with homework, housework, time on the potty, etc., the day flies by. Sometimes the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is sit down and put together a coherent post.

Today I took the 3 younger kids to Toys R Us. Micah and Ella each had money they'd been saving, so they bought a couple of items each. Then Ella found a 'beautiful Barbie Rapunzel' that she just adored. A painful $25 later it was in our possession. I had to explain to her that it wasn't hers today (Well, I did explain that before she picked it out). We came home and made a chart which, using my unique creative talents (insert sarcasm), I drew up a gumball machine with about 75 colored gumballs. Each time she uses the potty and has dry underwear, she gets to mark one gumball off with an 'X'. (Stickers would be cuter, but I don't have any!) When she gets all of them marked off, she gets the doll. She's been dry all day. But I'm also reminding her a lot.

As for Mira, she gets a Swedish Fish each time she uses the potty and is dry. She's liking that. It works better for her because it is instant reward. In a couple of days I'll begin tapering off and give her a fish for every, maybe, 2 or 3 times she is dry when it's potty time.

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Yay, It looks like we need to come over to your house and play with the new toys.

Rachael said...

Good job! I'm so dreading potty training! :(