Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still Going at It

We've got the realtor coming tomorrow, so we're in a frantic rush to do as much as we possibly can beforehand. This is the way our living room looks now (minus the 2 white patches on the wall which are now painted over). We took out the smallest couch, ottoman full of toys, and rearranged things a bit. Did a little shopping at Target (or as I like it called for those of the European persuasion, pronounced 'Tar-jay'). Got some nifty greenery and whatnot to spruce the house up a bit.
The kids love to be the ones to get Mira up from her naps. Micah/Ella (or both!) will sometimes climb into the crib with her. Micah wanted to read to her, so I caught this on tape with my mom in the room. Too bad it's so short. The memory on my card was full. But you get the idea. Darling!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! Your living room looks great! Isn't it funny what a little re-arranging does? Your house looked so good on Saturday. I can see all the hard work you are putting into it. I am so excited for you on getting a new house. You are moving, my parents are moving..pretty much everybody but me. Tiny bit jealous because I would love a house. Oh yeah, there is a $6000 grant for brand new construction homes right now. I don't know much about it but you can probably find some info about it on the internet or you can call me at work and I will get a loan officer for you. Just something else to think about!

Maren and Blake said...

The front room looks great. I heard your kitchen looks different too, I would love to see a picture of that. It's weird to think we may not ever see that house again.

Your mom is so cute in the video. And Micah is such a good little reader. I hope he will climb into Braden's crib and read to him in Couer d'Alene.

Nicole Barnett said...

Thanks, guys! Amber, from what I understand, the $6,000 stipend is for first-time homebuyers who make under $75,000. But, like I said, that's from what I've heard and I'm not sure the info is exact.

Jennettehogan said...

Wow - it sounds/looks like you have been hard at work with your house! I love your accessories you bought at tar-get. You will have to let me know what the Realtor says today.

Amber said...

There are a couple different grants going on right now. There is one for first time home buyers and one for new construction homes. I will try to get some more info on it tomorrow and e-mail it over to you.