Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

A couple of days before Easter, the kids and I colored eggs. Mira was certainly in her element with that. There is nothing she loves more than watercolors, and this was right up there. The vibrant colors were really pretty, and the kids were proud of their creations.
After having the eggs in the fridge and getting a whiff of them everytime the fridge was opened, I had no desire to make egg salad sandwiches, potato salad, or anything having to do with them. But they worked for our Easter egg hunt. We did that Saturday at my parent's and it was so cute. Mom wishes we'd caught Mira's reaction on tape to finding a candy-filled plastic egg. Her eyes got big, she did a big intake of air, and exclaimed, "Num-nums!!"
Chad and Colin chillin' and visiting.

The kids thrilled over their baskets. We hid them throughout the house (oops, I mean the Easter Bunny did!) and they love the hunt. There wasn't much to them, but they were happy with what they got!


The painting...it's art! And they're looking so cute in Chad's painting shirts.

Sunday, we went to Mom and Dad Barnett's for a lovely Easter dinner. The kids have no problem making themselves right at home, digging into toys, air hockey,and food. It was a nice time.

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I wish we could have been there to do an egg hunt with you. The coloring of the eggs look beautiful. I miss them so much and so do Blake and Braden. I love the videos you post, keep em coming.

Chrissy said...

Great Easter photos! Christian was sweet enough to split his findings with his cousin, so thankfully we didn't have a truckload of sugary-goodness to take home this year.

And hope you had a great birthday! The cake looks amazing! I think once I hit 30 (next year) I'm going to start banning candles... :)

Jennettehogan said...

Isnt Easter fun? I love watching the kids dye their eggs! Watching them look for the eggs is the best! (although, at our house, someone inevitably gets upset because they didn't find as many eggs as so-and-so!)