Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Realtor's Visit

We have found great realtors. Kerry and Keith Hill. They came today to walk through the house and go over information and such. I am really impressed by them and I know they will work hard for us.

Our home is ever so close to being ready. They did have several items for us to fix up before it's complete, though. Paint the master bath ceiling. Touch up shelves in the pantry. Repaint the wood trim around the front and garage doors. Replace outside light fixtures. Clean windows and screens. Etc. It was good to get the list, but slightly disheartening. I was really hoping they'd say it was good to go! But Chad and I are on top of it and we're going to "get 'er done!".

We've got a plan to go out with them Wednesday to walk through several homes in order to get a better idea of what we're looking for. At first, I was thinking putting an offer on a home with the contingency that we sell ours first would be a good idea. Apparently not. They said once we've got the house completed and have people actively coming through, then we'll be hitting the pavement seriously.

With regards to price, we looked at a few comparables and they all price anywhere from around $195,000 to $220,000. We don't want to sit long on this. We want to price it aggressively get it sold. It's stressful enough just keeping the house in shape for people to walk through. I don't want to do this indefinitely!! Get it done!

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

This is so exciting. I LOVE these updates, keep them coming. My mom and dad always say you need a good doctor, accountant and realtor. I am glad you have found ones you like.

Keep us updated on the houses you like.

Chrissy said...

It's so important to find a realtor you trust; I can't wait to see pictures of the houses you're considering! Going to see model homes was definitely one of my favorite parts of the entire process.

Thanks for the support on the M&M chaos! That's definitely one of those moments I had on film! :D

Jennettehogan said...

Sounds like things are going well for you guys! I am excited for you and hope that you can sell your house without any hassle!
Oh - and I hope your voice is getting better! :)