Friday, April 3, 2009

When It Rains...

I have to start by saying it could have been sooo much worse, I realize. But this was 'one of those days':

1: Coming back from picking up kids from school find storm door locked (I have no key to that) and garage door opener refuses to work. Try all doors and some windows. All locked.

2: Oops. I forgot to take my cell phone with me. It's still in the house.

3: Take starving kids to Wendy's. Then to store to pick up new battery for garage door opener. Come back home to try opener now. It still doesn't work.

4: Head to friend, Jennette's house, to call locksmith.

5: On way back home, notice the tire seems to have problem.

6: Arrive home and, sure enough, a bolt is lodged in tire. Locksmith having trouble getting storm door unlocked.

7: Discover that my bathroom window is unlocked. Micah shimmies through, unlocks front door and scares locksmith half to death.

8: Pay locksmith $30 for service call.

9: Off to Les Schwabb to fix tire.

10: Home at last! Garage door opener still needs servicing.

11: And I've got a headache from looking at a bazillion houses online.

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

What a long day. I am sure the kids liked it, Wendy's and Micah breaking in through the window. I am sure this will be a fun memory. You are a great mom and will find the perfect house.

Now you get to relax and enjoy conference over the next 2 days. I am hoping to be spiritually uplifted. (which I know I will be.)

buildingburkmemories said...

Now that is just plain good luck you know...I feel for you...what a day...But I'm glad to see that it all worked out and hopefully you will be able to look back and laugh at this day....I know I am laughing at it so thanks for the good cheer of the day...it was all worth it to me...J/k....Have fun...and hopefully a better day today.

Rebecca said...

When it rains it pours!!!! :(