Thursday, May 21, 2009

You turn your back for a minute...

...and Micah's up on his bookshelf, getting into all the baby books. Lucky for me (he knows how his mom gets), he didn't pull them all down from the shelf. Just went searching for birthday cards, pictures, etc. for fun.
I'm checking my Facebook, and Mira helps herself to fingernail polish in my bathroom. She attempts to paint her lips (thinking, 'It's pink, same thing as lip gloss, no?'), her entire fingertips,
and the whole tips of her toes. So I get mad, and she withers up and tells me I'm scaring her. Oops. I gotta watch it. But I think I'm going to start locking my bathroom door. She just has way too much fun in there getting into my stuff.

We have a new cool little virtual tour of our home in it's entirety here: http://www.tourfactory.com/513319 (try to look past the obvious broken bar stool in the kitchen shot. Tacky, I know, be we are losing household items one by one, here...chairs, dishes, etc. It's the cost of having children. Can I get a, "Heck, YEAH!"?

Okay, AND I just noticed that I had, like, 25 comments to moderate all the way back to December. What the heck? Does anyone know why I have to moderate some comments and not others? I've got to fix that. So if any of you feel ignored because your comment was never published and I didn't acknowledge you, I'm sorry!

Oh, and another thing I thought you all might find interesting. Chad emailed Congressman Rob Bishop the other day regarding setting limits on government spending and growth. Well, yesterday evening who should call but Mr. Bishop himself. No joke! He told Chad he was calling from his D.C. office and was reviewing his emails of the day and wanted to personally call and talk to Chad about this. He said it gets discouraging there holding steady to his principles, but he's determined to do what he thinks is right and what the people he represents want. So that was pretty exciting. We were really surprised at the phone call, but very pleased!

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Wow, Chad speaking personally with a Congressman. Is Chad thinking about getting into politics? I do agree about limits with government spending. I believe it would help with so many budget problems. The pictures of Micah and Mira are so cute.

I remember getting into my mom's lipstick and painting myself from head to stomache in it. She did pretty great with the nail polish.

Chrissy said...

I'm impressed with how well she did painting her own toes and fingernails! It could have been so much worse... :) I remember the day Christian discovered baby powder and decided that it should snow in our bathroom. LOL...

Jennettehogan said...

Nice toes Mira! This must have been the day that she ruined her dress too?