Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camping at Echo

We went camping this weekend at Echo with Chad's side. Friday was just beautiful; good enough to take the kids swimming and get some sun. Colin and I got to practice our newfound skills at locating a few constellations and stars at nighttime. (May I highly recommend the 'Stikky' books for beginning learning constellations--and other topics. We borrowed it from our library and I am thouroughly impressed!) We all slept well, with Chad and myself on an air matress in the tent with the older 3, and Mira in the trailer alongside Grandma.

The above photo is of Grandpa gutting the fish that Micah so cheerfully caught. He fell in love with it and wanted (begged) to keep the fish head. Um, that's a no-go, bud! I had the pleasure of chopping off the head and tail and deboning it today. I know, sad story. But I didn't grow up catching fish and eating it. So this is a new world for me. But I put on a brave face and cooked it up. The kids just loved it (Micah still begging for the head, or the eyes at least!) and I must admit it was yummy!



3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

It sounds like a fun trip. I am sad we couldn't make it. Couer d'Alene will be so much fun. Maybe we can go fishing so you can cook some more fish.

Jennettehogan said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the recommendation on the book - I will hae to check it out for the kids.

Rebecca said...

We LOVE camping! Looks like a blast!