Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ella's New Haircut

Ella was due for one. Almost every morning is a 'battle of the hair'. She's tenderheaded and I sometimes forget and then the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins. Sure, I have the detangling spray and wide-toothed comb. But it just doesn't quite cut it. I decided it was high time for a change to make the mornings smoother.
I wanted something cute and super-short. I knew she could pull it off! Look at that smile.
I think she thinks she's a model now. Vogue, girl!
Yet again.
The back is totally cute!
And another pose for the camera. I'll have to be sure she's got in a headband or clip or her hair falls into her face. Tonight, at bedtime she complained because it didn't feel the same as her old hair. She couldn't flick it all abover her head on the pillow. "It just takes a little getting used to, honey. You look beautiful!"

7 comments:

Doug and Rachel said...

I commented on your one blog down - duh, I should have put it all in this one so you'd see it! As Doug likes to say "I went to college!"

alan barnett said...

Ella is so cute with this new hairstyle. She is really growing up and love those pictures. You do have a model in the family.

Amber said...

Wow! I almost didn't recognize her. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Maren and Blake said...

I love it. I think I love her modeling even more. She can definitely pull off short hair. She will never be able to go back. Let us know how the morning struggles go.

Jennettehogan said...

Love the new do! Super cute on her!

shelley evans said...

Too cute!

Nicole Barnett said...

from Mom...
What an adorable little girl!She looks just darling and happy about the new cut! I can see she had fun posing. How cute!