Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chad's Birthday Plus

We just celebrated Chad's 33rd birthday. On his wish list were: new running shoes, new shorts (yes, I know it's October), fishing gear, and Jazz tickets. I don't know what it is...getting older, married, being too consciencious about money or what, but he ended up getting himself the shoes and fishing equipment. That way he gets what he really wants, right? And both our parents gave him cash so he can go to some Jazz games. (He's excited for the season!) Whoop-de-doo: I gave him the shorts and a couple of ties. How romantic and exciting, right?
Mom and Dad Barnett took Chad and me out to dinner while Amber watched the kids. Thank you guys! Then back to our house for cake and ice cream. We did Chad's birthday cake at my parent's house, too, on General Conference Sunday, but I didn't have the camera with me. My cousins, Michaeline and Melissa and her daughter, Amelia were there, too. Good times.
After getting all sugared-up on cake and ice cream, the boys start showing off wrestling and whatnot and all three of them ended up getting hurt: Colin and Chad bonked heads (ouch!) and Micah got hurt running away from Grandpa, I think.
Ella, Micah, and Mira Catherine really enjoyed the time they got to spend with their cousin, Amelia. She got to stay with us while her mom went to General Conference. They all loved the cat (a little too much maybe) and wouldn't let it go!
Tell me this isn't the most beautiful little dark-haired, dark-eyed girl! And what a character! All the kids were in make-believe world the whole time she was here. Today I overheard Ella tell Mira she missed Amelia because she'd gone back to China, which is up in the clouds. Hm. California, actually. Close enough.

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

It sounds like a great birthday. Running shoes sound like a great gift to me. And as for cake, I could eat it all day long. I am sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate.