Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin'

Saturday we took the kids to J&J Garden Center for their annual hayride and pumpkin picking. We've done it the past few years and the kids love it. This time the sun was brightly shining and it was actually quite warm! The children were all excited to select their very own pumpkins.

Here is a snapshot I got of Chad waiting in line, watching the kids.
Ella, who told me not to take this and I'd better not post it!
Too sweet.
Mira, trying to look up at the camera while the sun in blazing into her eyes. (The dirty arm is black fluff from her sweater she had on earlier.)
And Colin, who was having a great ol' time just a second before I took this. He's trying to give me his most 'unimpressed' look.
And the choosing begins!
This orange and blue shirt is Micah's favorite shirt. I might have to 'accidentally' lose it sometime soon... And the cowboy boots and hat are common in his ensembles lately. In fact, today I let him walk out the door to school wearing shorts and a T-shirt with long soccer socks and cowboy boots. I don't fight it anymore. He's expressing his style, right? It makes me giggle when I remember it.
The hay ride! Everyone's having a great time!
And here are the perfect pumpkins!
Heading out! Tonight, for FHE, we'll be carving these babies. Which means Chad and I will be getting mighty messy. Micah insists we keep pumpkin seeds to bake and also to plant. Will they even grow? And Ella has designated her pumpkin to be used to make 'dinner in a pumpkin'. Yummy!

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I love pumpkin patches. The kids are so cute in their outfits and you licked out with good weather.

alan barnett said...

Wow! what a cute famly. So lucky to have cute grandchildren and great son and daughter in law!!