Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Free Time

One of the gifts the kids got for Christmas was a box of hand puppets you create yourself. So Micah, Ella, Mira, and I went to town being creative. Well, I mostly just did what they told me to--they were using their imaginations! It was easy and fun.
Ella and Mira Catherine stop for a happy hug.
The kids wanted to put on a puppet show for Chad and me. It was more shouting and craziness than show, but they had fun!
Colin showing off his mad basketball skills. Doesn't he look older?!

And the girls both just started honest-to-goodness ballet (and tap for Mira). Mira has just been waiting and asking to do it since she turned three. They loved wearing their new outfits. The boys and I stood at the one-way glass windows, watching each girl in her respective class. Mira was so stinking cute to watch! She really gave it her all and does the most darling sashays! The boys were cracking up just because she was doing the cutest things. I couldn't help myself...I did too. Ella was in a class with quite a few other girls and participated less than wholeheartedly, but I think that may have to do with being brand new and not familiar with everything they were doing. I'm confident it will get better. They both enjoyed class. Mira came out at the end and just said, "I'm tired!"

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

The girls are so cute in their ballet outfits. I can't wait to have girls for this reason.