Monday, October 25, 2010

Kearns Rec

I think we've found our gym! One of the hardest things about leaving South Ogden (for me) was leaving behind the Ogden Athletic Club. That was my home away from home. I worked so hard there and accomplished some things that made me impressed with myself (kipping pull-ups, setting the push-press record)!

Since we moved, I've turned into a virtual slug. I've hardly worked out at all and it hasn't done anything to boost my morale. I so need to be active and feel healthy. Chad and I try to get a run in here and there when he has the day off, it's just not at all regular.

I went with a couple of girlfriends last week to a Zumba class (my first time) at the Kearns Rec Center. Was I ever impressed with the facility! We went as a family Saturday to take a tour. (My actual goal was to intice Chad into wanting a family membership.) This is where the Oval is, where the Olympic ice skating was held in 2002. It's only 12 minutes from our home.

I am so looking forward to being able to take the kids (especially during the winter months) to play basketball, swim, etc. And I'm looking forward to getting back to classes. It doesn't take long to lose what you worked so hard for.

1 comment:

Babelicious said...

And, having a baby doesn't help!! I think you look great though. Happy exercising!