Friday, January 14, 2011

Vacation Day-LDS Conference Center

Our trip to the Conference Center was fun. I've never taken a tour of it before. We got an old man for our tour guide. He was hard of hearing and talked really fast and not very clearly. So I ended up being the one to relay the information he shared with me, to everyone else (just our fam).
Here are Mira, Colin, and Ella by the waterfall.
Looking down from the top balcony.
And here we are!
This was the first time being here for the younger kids. It's hard to take in how big it is inside!
Since Micah will turn 8 soon, he can attend the next session of General Conference here.
The boys sneaked away with the camera and went snapping. Some of the pictures they took were of busts and portraits. Boy, those portraits didn't fancy the people up at all, did they?
I wanted to get all the kids in this picture, but Mira was the only one willing.
And then Ella runs in the middle of it...
Take another one of me, Mommy!
Look at those eyes. We've decided they're no longer blue. From a distance, they're definitely light-colored. Up close it's hard to pin down exactly what color they are. Kind of a greeinsh-grey. When we first told her that her eyes were not blue, she looked sad. I think she'd identified herself as a blue-eyed girl to match her dad up to that point.
We popped over to the Church Office Building for a great view of the city. So, it's not the best time of the year with the grey skies, grey mountains, grey, grey, grey.
"We're going there in two days!"
Mira and Matthew.
The next day our outing was to Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolate Factory. (I didn't get any pictures.) We watched a few videos about chocolate-making. But our favorite was the "I Love Lucy" clip they showed when Lucy and Ethel go to work at the chocolate factory. The kids thought that was so funny! And the chocolate samples at the end were pretty darned great!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Brian and I took a tour of the Conference Center. We stopped up top to enjoy the scenery and were told we couldn't do that...must stay with the group. Ah, security.

Jennettehogan said...

Your vacations days were such a great idea!! Makes me want to do the same with my kids, but I think I will wait until it gets just a wee bit warmer!! :)