Monday, February 28, 2011

Posing

Just look at those two little munchkins! Mira wants to be a big girl like Ella and have her own friends over. Thankfully, just up the street we have a perfect playmate. Mira loves to pick her up. Ailie...not so much. It's so cute, hearing them talk together in their tiny little voices. Speaking of which, Mira's voice is pretty distinctive. Several people have mentioned that. I think it's the her lower, raspy tone. And she still pronounces 'r' as 'w' and when she makes a soft 'g' 'ch' or 'sh' it comes out as a lateral sibilant. (Colin loves to tease her about this.) It's fun to hear how kids pronounce things before they learn to say them correctly. Example: the other night Mira said, "It's time for fanny eening!" (Family Home Evening) Dolls.
And my little Ella is imitating Barbie here. You know she knows she looks cute. And she is striking a pose for the camera (which she has always done). Maybe I need to wean her off of the Barbie.com website. I mean, come on. :)
I love this. Chad couldn't resist razzing Ella a little over the posing. So they did it together. Isn't Chad a natural??
This would be Mira's own hairdo. I know, you never would have guessed that.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

What a bunch of posers. I love it!

Maren and Blake said...

Oh Chad, we love him.