Thursday, June 30, 2011

Matthew is One

Our little precious has turned one. So much learning in 12 short months! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, this guy's a delight for our family. We all love him to pieces. And I have so many helpers! Having a baby's so much easier now!
I'd had grand plans of making Matthew an adorable airplane cake. (He loves seeing airplanes in the sky. If he thinks he hears one, he'll stop what he's doing and really look for it.) But it had been a busy day, and after an evening of swimming, we stopped by the grocery store and just bought cupcakes and ice cream. I thought, surely he'll devour the cupcake. Unlike my first few children who had no treats whatsoever before they were one, I have become lackadaisical in my parenting, apparently. This one's had ice cream shared with him, french fries, popsicles, etc. Well, he was none too impressed with the chocolate cupcake. it went everywhere but his mouth.
Here, Colin! Have mine!



The kids thought it was funny how he'd toss the cupcake in pieces to the floor.

However, once the ice cream came...he's a man after my own heart.



We love you, Matthew!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Time really flies! Happy Birthday Matthew! He looks like he's using the spoon well. I've slacked off in letting Adam use forks and spoons.