Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Matthew's Room

When we first moved in, the room that is now Matthew's had muted purple walls. They were not my favorite, but we were happy because Mira wanted her walls purple, which meant we didn't have to paint! Well, fast forward a year and a half and purple for a little boy's room doesn't really jive. I've had an idea in mind for a while. Matthew loves hearing planes flying through the sky. As soon as he does, he's looking up to find it. Then we both wave "Bye-bye!" and laugh.
It's finally coming together: sky-blue walls with sponged clouds. I loved the way it turned out. I ordered some vintage airplanes to stick to the walls. Those went up today and it looks pretty good. I have yet to acquire some vintage airplane tin/wood pictures for the other 2 walls. I've been eyeing a few of them and am excited to put those up in time...

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Very cool.

Babelicious said...

FUN FUN room!! I was laughing at your post about Matthew getting CrAzY. I can so relate...though we are growing out of that stage. You look so pretty in the Park City pictures.