Monday, September 19, 2011

Not Much to Report

No pictures taken this last week, but we did do soccer games and Colin scored one goal, Micah played goalie and stopped some balls, Mira scored 2 (both for her team, she was disappointed she didn't score 5 like last week) and assisted one, and Ella dribbled the ball from one end of the field to the other and scored one big fat one!

Chad and I went on a date (first in a long time) to an RSL game. We reminded each other that we need to do this more often. It was so nice to be away, just the two of us, and watch a great game. RSL beat Kansas City 1-0. They are some amazing players.

A friend of mine, Sung Hee, and I are trading babysitting every other week so we can help out in the classrooms. I really didn't do much of this last year (my excuse is the baby, of course). I really wanted to show my face in school more. It means so much to the kids to see me there. They feel extra-special. I get to see how the teacher is explaining new concepts, I observe the other children in the classroom to get an idea of the dynamics. It's pretty interesting. And I like to be of help. Today I'm going into Micah's classroom to help them cook food in their pizza box ovens. Thanks to Mom, I get to go to Ella's classroom Thursday and see how things are done in French. I'm looking forward to that.

Ella brought home a paper with color names on it. I was drawing from my knowledge of German and Spanish pronunciation, and tried to say the names. Ella just laughed and said, "Mom, you are saying that wrong!" Then she'd demonstrate for me.

Different subject: Christmas. For months now, Micah has been thinking of his Christmas list. He and Colin have some definite ideas as to what they want. That's fine. But I told them once they get their lists, they'll need to prioritize them. When I mentioned that, you could see the pained look on Micah's face as if to say, "How in the world am I going to decide which things I want most?" But they can't have it all!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

If I'm not mistaken, you two went on a date back in July. Might want to spread them out a bit more throughout the year. ;)

I loved this line, "How in the world am I going to decide which things I want most?" You probably didn't intend to have it be as thought provoking as it is. However, I haven't stopped thinking about that line since I read it.

Maren and Blake said...

I love the blogs to just fill us in on life. I bet Ella will give anyone lessons. I will have to give her a call and have her teach me some words.