Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mira's 5th Birthday Party

Friday night Chad and I put up streamers and balloons for Mira's birthday. She and Ella kept peeking their heads out of their room, so excited over it all. Finally Mira came out and as I shooed her back to bed she said, "But Mom, you don't know how hard it is to go to bed when it's your birthday tomorrow." Adorable thing she is.

The next morning she walked out of her room, hair tousled, sleepy-eyed, saw the decorations and exclaimed, "Omigosh! I totally forgot about all of this!" When I opened the fridge and showed her the Barbie cake, she was delighted.
The party started off with beading necklaces. Some of the kids could've spent an hour on this, others strung one bead, tossed it down and said, "Can I go outside and play?" (Pictured below: Ella, Paige Harris, Katarina Aguero, Nicole, Ailie)


(Below: Josh Sutton, Ella, Paige Harris)


(Below: Katarina Aguero, Nicole, Mira, Beau Bennett)


Mira's bed friend, Ailie. She's the cutest thing.


Ella with her sweet dimple. As per Mira's request, we did "Freeze Dance" and "Charades."


Thankfully we kept the party to 1 1/2 hours. Here are the guests: Katarine Aguero, Ailie Skowronek, Lillian Smith, Mira and Ella, Paige Harris, Ashley Lesh, Kayden Mieure, Beau Bennett, Phoenix Badger, Josh Sutton.


Opening gifts:


Oooh la la!


I don't even want to say how long it took me to put this girl together.


When Mira found out her real birthday was on a Sunday, she was so upset! She didn't want it interruped by church. But we made time before our rush out the door to do a little gift scavenger hunt. Now, I'd already bought a few items for her, but as her birthday neared, she made it crystal clear that what she wanted more than anything was makeup. And she got a little pink and purple eyeshadow, bright pink lipstick, and some colorful nail polish. She was a very happy little girl. (Hopefully I can convince her to share her nail polish with me.)

I think I'm going to have to find a little preschool around our neighborhood. Mira gets bored during the day and asks when she finally gets to go to school. We'll have to do something about that...
What is Mira like right now?
Always helpful with Matthew.
Good athlete: basketball, soccer, cartwheels, etc.
Loves...absolutely loves to be in a dress. The frillier the better.
Great eater. She doesn't complain about food much and happily eats what I've prepared.
She's usually willing to help out when asked.
Mommy's sidekick. Mom's #1 in her book right now. (I'll take it!)
Loves having books read to her. She wants to be able to read herself.
Loves the purple blankie still.
Very capable of doing chores: cleaning bathroom, taking out small garbage cans, picking up room, etc.
Doesn't mind getting a little rough-and-tumble with the boys.
Wants to follow the older kids out into the field behind our house and go exploring.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I can't decide who looks better in that photo of you and the cake-you or barbie? If I had to choose, I would say you for sure. Pretty in pink. Glad Mira had a good time at her party.