Friday, January 20, 2012

Free Day

Ella turns 7 next week, and she's been gearing up for her party. I just haven't got my act together yet. Grandma Miller came up yesterday, picked them up from school and took them to Arctic Circle. (What a treat!) Afterwards she took Ella out for birthday shopping. Here Ella models her new beautiful nightgown with long, sparkly sleeves.
Mira just must be part of this!

Since Daddy-O was out for a long evening, the kids and I put together a blanket fort in the living room. They love sleeping in these. When I say sleep, I mean sit in there with lots of blankets and pillows, flashlights, books, and spend the next 2 hours trying to sort out sleeping arrangements. It finally gets to the point where I have to threaten them with sleeping in their own beds if they don't quiet down.


Turns out, the boys were the only ones who slept there. Ella got scared and fell asleep in my bed. Mira was hot and uncomfortable and slept on the floor of my room. (The designated kid sleeping spot.) Colin awoke this morning and said, "I didn't sleep very well. It was hot, I got a carpet burn, and it just wasn't very comfortable." It gets to the point when you can no longer camp out on the hard floor and get a good night's sleep. I think Colin is there now, too.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

That is a great blanket fort.