Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Girls and Polish

Mira wanted to have a little friend over to play with. She called a few people and didn't speak to anyone, but left a couple of messages. A little while later, she had two friends coming over. Now, if you're female, you know that, with little girls, three can definitely be a crowd. We started off great with nail polish and fixing hair. Then they ran off to play and from time to time I'd overhear conversations like this: "You hurt my feelings." "No one wants to play with me." "If you aren't nice, I'm going home." I had to remind them that they needed to all speak kindly and that we weren't going to indulge and any whiney or grumpy things. (Girls.) But they are precious!
As soon as Matthew spots anyone applying nailpolish, he wants his fingers and toes done. So much so, he'll come barge right in and stick his foot in your face and grump at you until you comply. So if you happen to notice his big toes have pink nailpolish peeling off, you'll know how that came to be.

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

If I ever have girls, you better believe I will be calling you all the time. I don't know how to do anything girly.