Monday, January 9, 2012

I'll Just Do It Myself

Sometimes you get asked by your child to do things like read a book, push the swing, or build a snowman. You always want to say yes, but sometimes you're just plain busy taking care of something. Saturday we got our first snowfall after a dry December. Ella rushed outside first thing in the morning, ready to get into it. She asked for help building a snowman, but I was preoccupied. A little while later, I looked outside, and she'd built this all on her own. I must say I was surprised and impressed. Now the goal is to get her to read to herself once in a while rather than always expecting to be read to. (Although I enjoy doing that.) It's nice to be surprised once in a while by a very capable child.


1 comment:

Marsha said...

That's a great snowman! I'm especially impressed because there isn't much snow these days. Nice work.