Friday, January 20, 2012

Matthew's 18 Month Check-Up

Matthew went in for his well child appointment yesterday. Poor thing knew right away this was a place he did not want to be. He clung to me when I put him on the table, and he screamed when I had to take off his clothes. And then, when it was time for his flu shot, you can imagine what that was like. (Don't tell him I'd forgotten we already got our flu shots last month!)

His stats are as follows: weight 47% (25.9 lbs), length 93% (34.5 in), head circ 69% (19.1 in)


He's a great sleeper. He goes down for bed and naptime very well. He sleeps 12 hours at night and about 75% of the time gets a nap of about 1 1/2 hours. (Sometimes we're just running all over and he never gets one.)
He's a picky, picky eater. But he surprised me the other day when I made lentils for dinner. He loved them! I was shocked. But normally, it's blueberries, cereal, pretzels, apples, milk (preferably chocolate), raisins, and peanut butter. If he sees you with chips or french fries, watch out! They won't be yours for long.
When asked about his language skills, I said, "Well, he doesn't have 20 words." I think we all just cater to him quickly that he's learned a grunt can get him far. Right now he says: mama, dada, shoe, cloud, sock, no... come to think about it, that might be about it. But he will repeat after us if we prompt him. I'm not worried about his language. He understands so much and I know I just need to make a concerted effort to help elicite more words.
He loves to snuggle stuffed animals/dolls; piggy back rides from his big brothers are the best; his new train is a favorite toy; he loves the clouds and airplanes on his bedroom walls; when he's got a stinky diaper, he will let you know so it will be changed; he's always up for bathtime; he loves playing with balls: kicking, throwing, rolling. He is a lot of fun.

No comments: