Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Kids Decorate for Halloween

The kids went through my collection of autumn/Halloween decorations (which isn't much) and pulled out everything they wanted for their rooms. Micah and Ella worked together on Micah's room. They made a cute little "Happy Halloween" sign and hanging ghosts.
 We definitely get the creepy factor with the hairy spider.

 Micah dedicated one spot of his room to the stuffed pumpkin-head guy.

 Ella then decided her room needed some decorating. Warning, these pictures are not for the faint of heart. Maybe I should take from this that she's watched too many Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movies? She colored and cut out fake blood and set up this:
 The tied-up maiden:
 And another casualty:
 Really?
 She was quite proud of her handiwork. I must say, Ella is a little artist. She'll draw pictures of landscapes and I think they're rather good. I'd love to get her into a little art class to teach her some more basics. Heaven knows she doesn't get any of it from me!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I am mildly disturbed...poor dolls.

Liz said...

How fun! Our kids went Halloween crazy a couple days ago and insisted on decorating. I especially like the impaled princesses. Ella is a good little artist! I like the lettering on her door.

Babelicious said...

I love it!! Kid decorations are the BEST!!