Saturday, February 16, 2013
1. She loves to draw and be creative. For her birthday, we gave her a few different crafty items. Her favorite out of the bunch was a canvas with acrylic paints. She really wanted to get to that project. We had to wait for it to warm up just a little. When she finally got the chance, she (and Mira) headed out into the garage with paint shirt, drop cloth, and an idea. She loves her painting. She has got a talent
2. Ella doesn't mind playing alone. Often I will find her bedroom door closed (after she calls out, "I am playing and don't want to be disturbed!"). She relishes that time she gets all to herself to imagine and play.
3. She is capable of going downstairs to the piano and practicing what Mrs. Mathews has assigned to her. When I remind her it's time to practice, she's on top of it.
4. French is coming right along. Her teacher, Mme Vanier, says that Ella is performing well in French class. She will try to create sentences by putting together words she knows in order to communicate.
5. At this time, Ella participates in soccer and basketball. Chad coached her basketball team.
6. The American Girl books are a favorite right now. We started with "Meet Kaya," but are now really into Felicity, the colonial girl. We read a chapter each night before bed, and Ella loves it.
7. Ella's four upper teeth are being replaced by adult teeth, which always makes kids look older. She has a lovely smile and the most beautiful dimple on her right cheek when she does smile.
8. The long hair can be lovely. Many mornings, however, it is the cause of much grief with the tangles that have to be brushed through. Most school mornings she opts for a simple headband.
9. The favorite friends this 2nd grade year are Ryann Pace and Abby Anderson. They spend recesses together, doing gymnastics and planning after school activities together. Only because of distance do they not get together as often as they'd like.
10. Some of Ella's favorite foods are hot chocolate, dry cereal, and spaghetti.
Ella is our tenderhearted sweetie.