Well, the ten-plus hour drive to California was filled with movies, movies, movies. And one nap for Matthew.
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Micah was really looking forward to a birthday party. I attempted to sway him toward a "pick a couple of friends to do something cool with" kind of a birthday celebration, but he had his heart set on a real party. And when he decided on having a Minecraft-themed party, life was complete.
1. He loves Minecraft on the computer. He will gladly get chores, piano, and homework out of the way without being asked if he knows he gets to play later that day.
2. He is into the Hobbit. With some of his birthday money, he bought a Hobbit poster for his room. He also plans on using his own money to buy the movie.
3. He likes building the Lego sets that he receives as gifts. He has a special spot in his bedroom cabinet where they are all arranged. I don't think he plays with them much, but they do look cool on display. He will occasionally build neat creations with leftover Lego parts.
4. His favorite sport is basketball. He decided to take a pass on soccer this year on just do basketball.
5. His best friend is Caleb Anglin, who lives in our neighborhood. Micah has a lot of fun with him at school and playing at home. They love getting out the Nerf guns, spying on people, and just playing.
6. Micah is a master at changing the subject if he's currently working on something that doesn't particularly interest him at the moment. The other day he came home from piano lesson and said he and Mrs. Mathews hardly got anything done because he'd brought his Minecraft blocks, and he was telling her all about them.
7. He is somewhat of a picky eater. He doesn't like any kind of mac and cheese (especially the boxed kind) and oatmeal.
8. Some of his favorite foods are cinnamon toast, Special K cereal with strawberries, and breakfast burritos. I'll have to ask him what some other favorites are.
9. He is determined to grow out his hair some more. He likes for it to swoop over his forehead. Apparently, there is a boy in school whose hair he admires and would like his to be the same.
10. He will go out into the field behind our house with Colin and sometimes Orion to search for treasures like golf balls, toys, etc. that he could sell.
11. Some mornings he'll wake up before anyone else and just lie in bed and read.
12. When he gets a book he loves, he will devour it.
13. He likes to play with Matthew. When it's time to clean up after dinner, for example, he'll ask to be assigned to play with Matthew to keep him happy. And other times in the day, he'll ask Matthew to follow him places and play with him.
We love our funny, sweet boy.