Sunday, August 11, 2013

 The Saturday after the kids' first day of school, Chad took everyone to Lagoon. Minus Ella and me. She was in too much discomfort with her braces to have any fun there. They met up with Aunt Amber. There were some different combinations of groups going around, but it seems to usually end up being Amber with Colin and Micah doing the big rides. I think this day she took Matthew for a while so Chad could get in some big rides with the older kids. I get a kick out of going through the text messages on my phone that Colin had while at the park. They're simple and humorous messages going between Colin and Chad. Above is the infamous JetStar, in which Colin, Micah, and Amber rode months ago and got injured on. Colin and Amber's heads collided at one point. They signed off that ride for good after that.
 Matthew's a little trooper at Lagoon. He gets his fill of the rides he likes: the car, boats, carousel. He has no interest in anything that goes too fast. He'd be just as happy climbing on fences and planters.
 He was watching some of the kids ride the Rocket. He later described to me how they went up so fast, and came zooming back down.

2 comments:

Babelicious said...

This made me smile because my boys always seemed to love the fences and planters too.

Marsha said...

I used to love roller coasters but the older I get, the less I trust them...