Friday, November 22, 2013

Caring for Matthew

 How different life is now, compared to what it was five years ago. Then, my oldest was 7, and my youngest was just 1. I wouldn't have dared to go anywhere and leave them at home. When we did head out, there were car seats, booster seats, diaper bags, sippy cups, and snacks to be sure. And we wouldn't have wanted to interrupt naptime. At the time, it seemed I would always have a diaper bag slung over my shoulder.
And now, in that short amount of time, it is so easy for me to up and run an errand, or for Chad and me to have a date night. Colin babysits all the kids on a regular basis. Micah, Ella, and Mira are responsible for Matthew when I run smaller errands. They are dependable. Matthew is very used to being at home with his older siblings caring for him. In these pictures, Colin gathered a few random dress-up items and put them on Matthew, dubbing him "Knight Matthew".

No comments: